Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Garlic Green Beans






I can remember my grandparents and parents having a vegetable garden. I have never cooked fresh green beans. I have always canned it. While I was cleaning and preparing the green beans my mind was rushing with memories and flooded with nostalgia of my childhood. I remember sitting out back at my grandparents table and cleaning and preparing vegetables from the garden. These were so so good. I love them prepared this way. I have now become a green bean snob and the can will never do.

GARLIC GREEN BEANS

1lb of fresh green beans, wash and cut the ends off.
Bring salted water to a rolling boil. Add green beans and blanche them. Let them
boil in the water for 7 to 8 minutes.

While the green beans are boiling:
1 stick of butter in saute' pan
3 cloves fresh garlic (more or less depending on your likes)
peeled and chopped finely.
Add garlic to melted butter and sautee' in pan. You do not want to burn the garlic or they will become very bitter.

Drain green beans. They should turn a vibrant beautiful green. Add them to the sautee' pan and toss. Cooking approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Add a pinch of garlic salt and pepper to the dish and done.

1 comment:

Ane said...

these are my fave! I admit I usually buy the canned too, I think my kids might enjoy them better this way. Thanks for posting this! Alohaz~