Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pot Roast



I made this crockpot recipe on Monday night because Aden had practice and Kai had to be at practice at 5pm and I chose to work during the morning. I knew our family would be hungry and I would be tired so I started this baby at 4:30 am, in the slow cooker. It was delish!

A friend of mine gave me this recipe. It's very good and oh so easy. It's very tender and juicy and being the meat lover that I am, I truly enjoy this meal. The best part is you get several meals out of this. Sometimes I make empanadas with leftover meat, some veggies and pie dough. Other times I make tacos or burritos. You can make whatever you want and lots of it. 4lbs is plenty 'o meat. Enjoy!

Pot Roast recipe:
4-5 pound boneless roast - trimmed
2 large onions
carrots, celery, and new potatoes (as many as you would like)
salt and pepper
flour
1 lipton onion soup mix
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/3 c. maple syrup
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin

1/2 cup water
Arrange vegetables in slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper and lipton soup mix and rub all over with flour. Place roast on top of veggies. Whisk last 6
ingredients and pour over beef. Cover and cook on LOW 12 hours or HIGH 8 hours.

No comments: