Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Garden Fresh Salsa


Garden Fresh Salsa

If your garden is going crazy with tomatoes right now like mine is, this is a great way to put them to use!


2 large tomatoes, chopped

2 Tbsp chopped red onion

3 Tbsp chopped green bell pepper

2 Tbsp chopped green chile pepper

1/2 - 1 tsp celery flakes*

1/2 tsp mustard seed

1 Tbsp red wine vinegar

1 Tbsp chopped cilantro**

1/2 tsp salt

pepper

2 Tbsp veg oil


Combine the vegetables, seasonings and vinegar in a bowl. Add oil and stir gently to coat. Let sit in refrigerator at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.


*I use dry celery flakes because dh doesn't like celery chunks. 3 Tbls Chopped celery may be used if desired.


**To prevent fresh cilantro from clinging to knife while chopping, sprinkle the salt on the cilantro leaves, roll or bunch cilantro and then chop with sharp knife.


No comments: