Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tres Leche



Popular in Mexican & Honduran cultures.
SERVES 6 -8
I got this recipe from recipezarr.com
Ingredients

cake
white cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup whole milk
12 ounces evaporated milk
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
8 ounces whipped dessert topping mix
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole milk
9 cherries

Directions
1 Bake cake as directed on box.
2 While cake is cooking, mix together 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 can evaporated milk, & 1 cup whole milk with a whisk. Set aside.
3 When cake is finished cooking, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake. Whisk your milk mixture once again, and pour slowly over the entire cake. Put the cake in the fridge for 4 hours to set flavors.
4 After 4 hours, make your whipped topping by mixing together the vanilla, milk & whipped topping mix. Use mixer for 4 minutes. When topping is ready, spread over cake.
5 To top it off, drain & rinse 9-12 cherries. Dry each cherry off, so the juice doesn't run in the topping. Put dry cherries on top of cake in rows of 3 or 4.
6 This makes a beautiful cake. Must be kept refrigerated. You can use various flavors of cake mix. Many people love to put sweetened coconut in the whipped topping. You can also make a lower fat version by choosing low sugar cake mix, fat free sweetened condensed milk, fat free evaporated milk, & skim milk.
7 Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will indeed be trying this little recipe out! My fav is tres leche especially at costa vida! Thanks!

leta said...

Wow this sounds good! I will be trying this out very soon.

Kalae said...

Hey Cuzzo,
Hey I was wondering if you had a recipe for Pineapple upside down cake?? For some reason I was thinking back in the day when my mom would bake it, it was super duper scrumptious..then again she was a baker extraordinaire.