Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Carrot Cake (cooked carrots)




I had a lot of left over baby carrots. I decided to make carrot cake. I love carrot cake, however my family not so much.
Your traditional carrot cake starts off with raw shredded carrots but I remember a recipe from my childhood that my mom would always make, and I liked it the best.

Her carrot cake called for junior carrots in a baby food jar. Surely, if I just mashed these cooked carrots it would work. VOILA' it is fantastic!

Please feel free to add any additional items to your carrot cake as you desire. My family does not care for nuts and half of them are allergic to them anyway. I adore walnuts on my carrot cake, but not IN it.

CARROT CAKE RECIPE

3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 junior size baby food carrots BUT
I used 3 cups mashed finely almost puree'd, but leave a bit of texture.
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix eggs, sugar and oil, and vanilla together. Add dry ingredients to bowl.
Fold in carrots and Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Just what I was looking for. Thanks!