Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Sunday, December 14, 2008

Maple Turkey Breast w/cranberries


Instead of brining a whole turkey as I usually do, this Thanksgiving I cooked a large turkey breast and used this glaze to finish it off. With Make Ahead Gravy (recipe published previously) for the side dishes this was a hit with the whole family.
Maple Turkey Breast with Cranberries


5-6 lb turkey breast

2/3 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup orange juice

2/3 cup maple syrup

2 Tbls butter


Bake turkey breast on rack in covered roaster pan at 325 F for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until tender and juices run clear. Turn breast side down and wrap in tin foil, allow to cool completely before slicing.


When turkey breast is cool, bone and slice into serving size pieces. *Place slices in a 9X13 baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F. Place the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup and butter in a 2 qt saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly pour the mixture over the turkey slices. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until juices bubble and turkey slices are heated through.


*Variation: To make this a one pan meal you can add canned sweet potatoes to the pan before pouring the maple syrup mixture over the meat.


No comments: