Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Soft Ginger Cookies

My sister Jennifer makes a tray of many cookies at Christmas time. My favorite cookies are those that are soft and moist and take a cookie that you can sink your teeth right through and then have a wonderful flavor burst across taste buds of your tongue! 
I love these cookies for those very reasons. They are rolled in sugar and then dipped in white chocolate which offers texture of the sugar crystals to sort of pop and then melt into your mouth next to the white chocolate that melts and dissolves upon touching your tongue! Oh, I'm in love!

I'm telling you these are to die for!

GINGER SNAP COOKIES without the Snap!

2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Veg Oil
2 eggs
1/2 C Molasses
4 C all purpose Flour
4 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbls Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
Additional sugar for rolling
1 block of vanilla Almond bark
OR
2 pkgs white choc chips (10-12oz pkgs)
1/4 Cup shortening
-combine sugar and oil, beat in eggs, stir in molasses.  Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
-shape into balls and roll into sugar, place 2 in apart on ungreased or parchment lined sheets.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 min or until cookie springs back when touched. remove to racks to cool.
-I like to just melt the almond bark in the microwave and dip half the cookie, (I tend to agree with you, too Jen)
if you cannot find the almond bark melt white choc. chips with shortening over low heat stir til smooth and dip cookies.
yield 14 dozen!

No comments: