Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

Photobucket

I can not believe that I had not posted this recipe to the blog! I have used this for every holiday and every gathering that I have been to, ever since my friend Cheryl C. made it at her home for our Easter gathering with her family! My husband's Aunt Teresa makes a sweet potato casserole similar to this as well. My friend, C got it from her neighbor who may have gotten it from Southern Living! LOL.

I believe the topping makes this dish most unique and scrumptious. It is always requested my mother in law always asks me for the recipe and I believe she has it down now! It brings groans of delight and smiles of pleasure when this dish makes its presence at our table.
Photobucket
Sweet Potato Casserole

Yields: 9x13 pan          Bake: 350      Prep:  20 min       Time: 35 min

Ingredients:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter
5 ounces evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

TOPPING: mix in seperate bowl (should crumble)
1/2 stick melted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup pecan peices

Mix all together. Place in greased 9x13 pan. Top with topping and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

Why in Heavens name am I looking at your food blog? Are you trying to kill me? You know dang well I'm not gonna get up off this chair & go cook something.. You are making me want to eat. Stop it!