Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, April 16, 2018

No Bake Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars

I am a food label snob to some extent! I only like Quaker Oats granola bars. Maybe it's the cute quaker man on the front of the box or the way my teeth sink into a chewy yet subtle crunch of goodness! Or could be that I secretly feel like I am doing my body good and making healthier choices? Sure, it has sugar in it but it's better than a Krispy Kreme donut. (which btw, I have a recipe for those too)
MY FAMILY LOVES THESE! I may have mentioned that before but I just wanted to be clear!! After reading the comments I settled on Rachael Rays method and ingredients. She shares it HERE

I double the recipe and pack it down into a 9X13 pan.

CHEWY NO BAKE OATMEAL RAISIN GRANOLA BARS


DRY INGREDIENTS: (in large bowl) This is adapted. 
1 C rice krispies 
1 C granola (orig. calls for two cups granola but I wanted to add 1 Cup instant oats)
1 Cup INSTANT oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I make it 1 tsp)
1/2 C Raisins (i make it 3/4 cup)

WET INGREDIENTS in sauce pan

4tbls butter or half a stick
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C honey 
(I double this for a 9x13 pan)
bring this to a good boil. Typically 3 min
(I do use sweetened granola and you should adjust your sugar portions if your granola is sweetened. so that your full sugar addition is 3/4ths cup insyead of a 1/2 cup.



No comments: