Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chocolate Cake Balls

I wanted to make our family something different for a dessert. These are another lil treat that will adorn our christmas trays next year. Yummy! They were really good and really easy to make. I found the idea here. Hers look so much better than mine. I had a little trouble with my chocolate melting.




The Ingredients





Roll into small balls. Approximately 40 to 45 cake balls.



melt candy



Drop into melted chocolate





Voila'


Bake cake according to directions on box. You may make your cake and frosting from scratch if you choose to do so.

Empty contents of 1 cream cheese frosting into cake mix. Combine, mix or stir. If you choose to use your hand this can be messy.

Roll into balls or use a medium to large melon baller. Place these in refridgerator or freezer to harden slightly before rolling in chocolate.

Chocolate Cake Balls
1 box chocolate cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50.
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

Tip: melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It's easier to work with when it's hot.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

I could come thru the computer and eat these. How cute they are! I love it. Was it very time consuming?

Unknown said...

Hi, I LOVE your recipes and fabulous photos that are making me hungry now. As for the chocolate to stay melted a bit longer and not clump up so fast it's best if you can put in in a double boiler to help keep it warm, DO NOT get any water in the chocolate or it will clump and not work. For you to be able to get clumpy melting chocolates to stay smooth mix in with Crisco Shortening and that will alleviate your problem. I make chocolates with the candy molds and got that from my mom when I first started out. It's great for those pretzel sticks too and when you "paint" the details in on them. Hope that helps. Oh and if you do a lot of different chocolate colors for things all at once get get a griddle with a good edge, turn it on low (warm), place small glass cups on it with chocolates and then slowly poor water in the griddle so that it will work as your double boiler to keep them melted longer, just remember to stir them so that they do not cook or slump and again use the shortening it help keep longer while working with it. Thanks for posting. ~Ange