Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, January 22, 2008

GOOEY BARS



OK, before you read any further. I have to warn you that you will either KILL me or have already died and gone to heaven and back! These are THAT GOOD!!! I mean they are so good it may replace having children or even practicing! OK, so I got this recipe from my niece JeNece who got this recipe from yours truly the one and only PAULA DEEN!!! I have found a new Christmas tradition recipe to add to my repertoires. My children love love these but be careful they are sinfully rich!!
The recipe is as follows::

Gooey Butter Cake


Ingredients & Directions:
Cake:
1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Prepare Filling

Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar


In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Please feel free to vary this recipe to your liking. We added chocolate, you could add any type of candy to the top. Change your cake mix to german chocolate or red velvet. The choices are endless. Make this recipe your own!

Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen and Random House Publishing

No comments: