Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shrimp Alfredo








2lbs fetuccine noodles
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter
1 Tbl. garlic herb powder or fresh roasted garlic
1 8oz bag parmesan cheese
1 8oz bag 3 cheese (parmesan, romano, asiago) or you can use the 5 cheese blend
(You may grate your own cheese. I would have but this is a huge time saver.
2 tbl. cream cheese
Lightly salt water bring to a boil and add noodles. Bring to boil. Drain noodles.

While water is coming to a first boil prepare the sauce.

Alfredo Sauce

This sauce is so good. It tastes just like Olive Garden's recipe. It is also so simple and easy to make. Once you try this you will NEVER buy the store bought things again. I looked at two recipes and I combined what I liked between the two and made it my own. I have made alfredo sauce before and it was very runny and thin. I like using the combination of whipping cream and evaporated milk. Most recipes only call for one or the other. USE BOTH!

In a skillet or large pot add whipping cream and evaporated milk and one stick butter. Heat and stir and bring to a simmer. When butter has melted add your cheese. While stirring constantly. The longer your sauce can simmer the better it will be, remember to stir your sauce occassionally. The consistency will be thin but as it cooks it will continue to thicken. If your sauce is runny. You can add additional cheese. This is my preference or you can add the cream cheese. I don't care for the slight taste that the cream cheese lends to the sauce.

Your sauce will be ready when it coats the back of a cooking spoon nicely or you can see the consistency change.


You may add any meat or eat this plain with the fetuccine. We chose to have shrimp.
Peel and devein your shrimp. Once your noodles are about done. Throw your shrimp into the pasta water. Let shrimp cook for 2 to 3 minutes until orange.

Serve with salad and breadsticks!

No comments: