Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, February 4, 2008

TEXAS SHEET CAKE

Well, in Texas they do everything big and this little baby packs a big punch of chocolate! If you like chocolate you will LOVE this recipe! This is a definite crowd pleaser and "Da Man's" favorite cake
TEXAS SHEET CAKE is made in 3 easy steps! Oven 350 degrees 25 minutes, til done.


Main Ingredients:

I.
1 cup water
2 sticks margarine
4 TBL. spoons COCOA (I add 4 1/2 TBLsp.)
Bring water and margarine to a boil. Add cocoa, bring to boil.
Remove from heat.


II.
In large mixing bowl combine
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream ( I use the entire container of a small container of sour cream)
Pour boiling cocoa into mixing bowl. Mix til blended.


III.
Pour into greased pan 9x13 or jelly roll pan, on 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

IV.
Prepare icing 5 minutes before cake is done. Frost while cake is still warm.
Icing:

6 TBL. spoons milk
1 stick butter
Bring to a boil and add 4 TBLsp. cocoa
Add remaining ingredients:
1 lb powder sugar, or one box.
1 tsp. vanilla
If icing is too thick add additional milk. Frost while cake is still warm.


VOILA

No comments: