Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Saturday, March 22, 2008

Resurrection Rolls


Give each child a triangle of crescent rolls. The crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.
Read Matthew 27:57-61

1. Give each child a marshmallow. This represents Jesus.

2. Have him/her dip the marshmallow in melted butter. This represents the oils of embalming.

3. Now dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar which represents the spices used to anoint the body.

4. Then wrap up the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll (not like a typical crescent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside.) This represents the wrapping of Jesus’ body after death.
5. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. (The oven represents the tomb - pretend like it was three days!)



This is a fun recipe that uses Crescent rolls and a disappearing marshmallow!
Ok, along with doing our Easter cookies we do the resurrection rolls too. They are so easy and quick to do and I can not resist another scriptural story. There is an Easter cake but we have never baked it before. The Easter cake that is tradition in the Eaton family calls for 13 eggs and cracked wheat. I love it! My grandmother would scream everytime I put ketchup on mine. It had that many eggs, why not?? I asked her for the recipe and sadly she can not remember it. My mom may have the recipe. But until then....
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:
Crescent rolls
Melted butter
Large marshmallows
Cinnamon
Sugar
6. Let the rolls cool slightly. The children can open their rolls (cloth) and discover that Jesus is no longer there, HE IS RISEN!!!! (The marshmallow melts and the crescent roll is puffed up, but empty.)
read Matthew 28:5-8

2 comments:

Ane said...

I passed these on to fam and friends, they loved these great recipes/lessons, you have the best ideas Chrys!

Linda Winegar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.