Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Breaded EggPlant


This is another childhood recipe of my grandma's that I have shared with my family! My children all scrunched their noses at what I brought in and what it looked like cut. Aden was first to say I don't like that. He hadn't even tried it. I was a little perturbed and replied, "Aden, when is the last time I have made something that you did not like or would not eat??"" : dead silence: EXACTLY MY POINT! I have never lied to my children about food and tastes. I know their taste buds. I was never lied to about food and whether or not I would like it. So, I have always told them if I thought they would like it or not. We try new foods all the time.



THIS IS A HIT IN OUR HOME! and they are all anxious to try this strange new vegetable. I am going to bake it next time. I loved that my grandparents had a garden when I was younger. It gave me a love for fresh vegetables. It makes me want to have a garden too.

FEATURING: Bread crumbs, garlic herb seasoning and eggs, and eggplant
Wash and slice eggplant as you would a tomato.
Mix bread crumbs. if you do not have bread crumbs, toast your own in the oven. Tear peices of bread apart and place them on a cookie sheet. Toss them in the oven on 350 or you can broil. When toasted remove and crush gently in a plastic ziploc bag.

Dip each slice of eggplant into egg and coat with bread crumb and garlic herb mixture. I use 1 cup herb mixture.
In a hot skillet add 3TBL garlic oil and let pan get hot. When hot add breaded eggplant and cook. Allow to cook for 2 or 3 minutes until tender and brown. If it browns too quickly turn down heat. You want the eggplant to be tender. FLIP! and repeat the same process.
Remove from skillet onto a paper towel plate and let drain. Serve with a seasoned dressing sauce. Mayonaisse, milk and texas hot pete sauce. Drizzle over the top and serve! HMmm... Mmmm... Good

1 comment:

Ane said...

I have only had Eggplant one time and my Mom in law fried it, I really didn't like it! This recipe makes me want to try it again! Thanks Chrys!