Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stuffed Manicotti



I had these growing up all the time. I rarely make them for my family because I had issues with ricotta. I can say my issues are resolved with ricotta and I like it again. My family LOVED LOVED these. I will definitely make them again and they are a great dish to make for company. My pictures do this no justice. Had I been making this for company they would have been very pretty and the sauce would have been drizzled on it just perfectly. NO company HENCE no fancy schmancy stuff. Just good eating.

Manicotti shells. There are 14 shells to a box.
Homemade speghetti sauce or your favorite from a can or bottle.
15 oz ricotta
2 cups mozzerella
2 eggs
1/2 lb. sweet italian sausage. ( 3 or 4 sausage links, squeezed out of its casings)
1 lb. lean ground beef.
3 TBL. garlic herb seasoning.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 garlic cloves minced

Boil salted water. Add shells to water and boil for 7 to 8 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from boiling water and add cold water.
While shells are boiling. Brown sausage and beef. Drain off any fat.
In a large bowl mix ricotta, meat, and seasonings, along with 2 eggs and mozzerella.
Combine and mix well. Drain noodles and begin stuffing from one end and then flip and stuff the other. Making sure they are even through out.

Place in baking dish or 9x13 pan. Add a little sauce to the bottom of baking dish. cover completely. Add shells on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over shells and top with more mozzerella cheese. Cover with foil and bake in over for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Remove foil covering and bake an additional 10 minutes.

I doubled the recipe and used 2 boxes of shells along with the large container of ricotta and just added things to my liking.

1 comment:

Ane said...

WOW! I have been having some serious Pasta cravings, this looks like it would do!