Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, March 31, 2008

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas




Me or my family really enjoy enchiladas. Bill and Spencer are the only ones who usually order these. I have tasted many enchiladas before and none of them have me raving or dying to try another one for at least a year! EXCEPT for these!! My entire family loved them and we look forward to eating them again!I prefer the sour cream sauce as to the tomato base. One of my biggest griefs with enchiladas were they were soggy and the texture!. This one is a FIVE STAR in my book.



Chicken Enchiladas in Sour Cream Sauce
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
18 corn tortillas
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 cups shredded cheese (your choice)
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup minced finely cut onion
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups sour cream
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies

In a large bowl, combine cheese, onion, 1 can chilies, 1 cup sour cream and chicken. Set aside.
Fry tortillas in large skillet, one at a time in hot oil for 5 seconds, each side.

Drain tortillas in between paper towels as you cook them. Spoon a good size portion of chicken mixture onto all tortillas, rolling them and placing them seam side down in large greased baking dish.

In sauce pan, melt butter then blend flour into butter to make a roux. Add chicken broth and cook until mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir in sour cream and 1 can green chilies. Be careful not to boil.

Pour sauce over enchiladas and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Immediately,set oven to BROIL and cook for another 5 minutes (be careful not to burn)Enchiladas are done when sauce in the center is bubbling. Serve with side of rice or beans.

1 comment:

The Wilsons said...

This looks yummy and it looks like something Doralee makes. I have been at her house when she has made these. So good!!! Thanks for the rec. finally. :) I have asked that girl for ages. LOL!!!