Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

3 Cheese Mac n Cheese


3 Cheese Mac N Cheese


3 Cheese Mac N Cheese

Okay, let me preface this by saying I know Velveeta isn't really cheese. I keep a box in the food storage just for emergencys and on Sunday was glad I did, as we had 5 unexpected little appetites for lunch. :) So I used what I had in the frig, (the white pepper and fontina cheese gives the dish a very subtle smoky flavor) and my dil said, "This is a keeper...write it down!" So I am...


1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked according to pkg directions

5 Tbls butter, divided

2 Tbls flour

1 1/2 cup milk

1/4 -1/2 tsp white pepper

4 oz fontina cheese, shredded

4 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded

4-5 oz velveeta cheese, cubed

1/2 cup fine ground bread crumbs


Melt 2 Tbls of butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in the flour, continue whisking and cook over a medium heat for one minute to form a roux. Remove from heat and let sit 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the milk in a seperate pan or in the microwave.


Put the roux back on the heat and slowly whisk in the warm milk. Cook over med-high heat whisking constantly until the milk begins to look 'slightly thick'. (It won't really thicken, but it will look like a slightly 'heavier' consistency.) Stir in the white pepper. Remove from heat and add the 3 cheeses, stirring until it forms a smooth sauce. Add cooked macaroni noodles and stir to coat. Pour into a lightly greased (I use PAM) 9x11 baking dish.


Melt remaining 3 Tbls of butter and stir in the bread crumbs. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the macaroni. Bake at 325 F for about 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and top is browned.

No comments: