Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fried dough and calzones

Ever since I was young the town I grew up in had an Italian Festival. It was due to the fact that the majority of the townsmen were all Italian. We were brought up on this stuff and I could smell the aroma of hot oil through the air when the festival was open. YUMM, such great memories. My children really like this and its really easy to do.

Frozen bread dough
oil
confectioners sugar
speghetti sauce
mozzerella cheese

Heat oil in a deep frying pan or iron skillet. Oil should be at least 3 to 4 inches deep. Deep enough to submerge dough completely in oil.
Lightly flour counter and rolling pin. Tear off a piece of dough and roll out slightly. Emmerge into hot oil. Oil should be hot enough that dough cooks fairly quickly. Do not over brown. Quickly brown and cook the other side. Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
Add butter and confectioners sugar or

sauce and top with mozzerella.


If you would like to bake or fry a calzone. Tear off dough and roll out on floured counter. Add mozzerella to center of dough, or you could add cheese, ham and broccoli. What ever stuffings you would like to add to the middle do so.
Seal edges. Place into frying pan and turn when brown. Keep a constant watch on your heat. You do not want it too hot or not hot enough.

If you choose to bake this. Please set your oven to 375 degrees or 400. Use an egg wash and baste the outside of your calzone, then lightly brush with melted butter. Bake in oven until done. 20 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

McPherson family said...

You are so awsome. I love this recipe. So easy and so good. Thanks for all the wonderful posts!!!!