Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No fuss Fruit pie


Mr. Incredible and family went to eat at a chinese restaurant and they served this really yummy apple dessert. I knew it couldn't be hard to make. So, I went home to do it myself.
I grabbed one can of lucky apple pie filling and one box of Pepperidge farm pastry sheets and a tub of vanilla ice cream. I then decided to look on line to see if they had a recipe! Of course, they did! It can be found here!

I followed the directions on the side of the box.
Thaw: 30 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes at 400 degrees

Nothing could be easier than this fruit pie made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets . Add your favorite pie filling—cherry, apple, blueberry or a combination.

ingredients
1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
1 egg
1 tbsp. water
1 can or jar (21 oz.) fruit pie filling, any variety , any variety

directions
THAW pastry sheets at room temperature for 30 min. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Mix egg and water.

UNFOLD pastry sheets. Place 1 pastry sheet on baking sheet. Spread pie filling on pastry to within 1" of edges. Brush edges with egg mixture. Place remaining pastry sheet over pie filling. Press edges together with fork to seal. Brush with egg mixture. Cut several 2" slits in top of pastry.

BAKE 30 min. or until golden. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack at least 15 min. Cut into squares and serve.
Servings are for 9 people, but 6 if your last name is Solomon. Plate and compliment with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.

No comments: