Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Friday, May 8, 2009

Bubble Bath Float




I made these bubble bath sundaes as teacher appreciation gifts and as Mother's Day gifts. They were really cute and fairly inexpensive.

Supplies needed:

Sundae cups and lids. (Go to DQ and ask if they will donate or ask any ice cream parlor)

Box of calgon powder bubble bath (pink)or if you use bath beads by vaseline.
(beads will not bubble like bubble bath.
Box of baking soda
A tube of red bubble oils. (At the dollar store they come in a sleeve of 6)
I could only find pink bath beads and not red. Red would simulate the cherry. They come in a sleeve of 10 for $1
Bath scrubbies They come in a sleeve of 6 for $1
hot glue
bendy straw

Instructions:

Fill parfait cup with 3/4 cup bubble bath powder
1/2 cup baking soda on top.
Should be layers. It should look like a float on the bottom and the foam on top.
Add scrubbie, for the whip cream
hot glue red bath bead for cherry and
insert straw.
Cover with lid, and attach a cute poem.

Make up a cute poem to go with your float and attach.
On the back of the bath bead box, it says you need to use 1/2 cup. I tried this in my own bath and it is plenty and leaves the water amazingly soft and wonderful!!! You will feel sooo soft!!!

The bath beads in a box is already colored a light pink shimmery dust.
It looks like the real MCCOY!!! Yep, I'm so tickled I almost wet my pants. roflrfol
and my clip art is of a strawberry float.
I switched the poem to read float instead of sundae!!
Find some cute cardstock and use a clip art and print the poem below.
**********************************POEM***********************************************
Poem by SHIRLEY THOMAS found at www.craftsayings.com
This very special sundae,
will leave you feeling great.
It's chock full of good things,
even though it can't be ate.

Take it in the bath with you.
Of course don't take a sip,
cause it may look delicious,
but it's made to take a dip.

8 comments:

Bren's Life said...

That is so cute! What a great idea..

Anonymous said...

This just too cute of a craft and a gift! I posted this idea on my craft blog www.twoheartstogether.com
My visitors love it!

http://www.twoheartstogether.com/2009/06/15/bubble-bath-floats/

Thanks for sharing

Samantha at TwoHeartsTogether

Michelle said...

Oh my stars, those are adorable!!!! I found your blog via Pinterest and I am loving these!

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' adorable! I can't wait to use this!
Heidi

Jessica said...

These are so cute! What a unique and useful teacher gift!!

Where did you find such a good price on the poufs and oil bead things??!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Where did you find the bath powder?

Unknown said...

I really love this craft, what a wonderful idea, thank you for sharing it!

Robert said...

Thanks for such an informative post. You have mentioned the amazing fact. your articles are always amazing. keep posting! Bubble Bath Powder