Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Sunday, July 19, 2009

How to make Candy leis

How to make candy leis.
saran wrap either clear or colored
spooled ribbon to tie and
Buckets of candy, little trinkets or large candy bars, gum etc. If you can wrap it in saran wrap it can be made into a lei!



.

HOW TO MAKE A CANDY LEI!
First you need to gather gum, chocolates or hard candy. You can use anything!
Use saran wrap or colored saran wrap.
Need a spool of curly ribbon, scissors

Carefully lay out about a yard and a half of saran wrap onto table.
(length may vary according to how long or short you wish your lei to be)

Lay candy across the middle of saran and space approximately 1/2inch apart

Once Candy is laid across saran, carefully fold the saran wrap up to top,
make sure candy laes flat and is secure in wrap.

Fold the saran again so that it is snug and makes a long tube with candy in middle.

Cut strips of curly ribbon into 2 inch strips.

Tie ribbon at the start of candy lei.

Continue to tie curly ribbon after each peice of candy (choc bar or gum) or candy cluster (multiple hard candies) to finish the lei off gather the end of the lei and tie curly ribbon snuggly around both ends. Then curl each ribbon by taking the scissors and pulling it tightly against the ribbon ends, the ribbon will curl.
You can make a gum lei, cookie lei whatever lei you wish. If it will wrap you can turn it into a lei.

3 comments:

Ane said...

Great post sis! I blogged about you in the Polynesian Kitchen here:

http://polynesiankitchen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I came over from Alicia's blog tonight. Why are you going private I wonder? Well, at any rate, this candy leis thing is adorable : ) I think I will do those for Kaishon's Birthday party at school next year. thanks for the great idea. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. God bless.

NetsG said...

awww this is cute. I used to get these all the time back home at school end of year prize giving..only if I got a prize :o) You have such a cool blog, so glad I found it!