Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ice Cream Cake





My dash wanted an ice cream cake for his birthday but at $30. I needed to be more frugal in this day. So, I set out to make him an ice cream cake and I will never pay for another cake again!!

This was my first ice cream cake attempted. I will definitely make another and fancy it up to look like one purchased at Baskin and Robins.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cake mix
1 tub of cool whip
1 carton of your favorite ice cream
1 4oz cream cheese and 2 cups confectioners sugar

The most important ingredient when making this cake is TIME! TIME and TIME

Prepare any cake mix,in a cookie sheet or two 9x13 pans.
I used a chocolate cake mix baked in a cookie sheet.

I baked it according to directions on the box. Let it cool and then cut the cake in half.

I bought a half gallon of cookies and cream ice cream, in a carton and let it sit on the counter to soften slightly.

I sliced the ice cream with a knife and layed the ice cream evenly across one layer of the cake. I used the entire carton.

I then placed the other layer of cake on top of the ice cream.

Cover with foil and freeze for 3 hours.
Remove from freezer and if the ice cream has melted down the sides take a serrated knife and cut edges so they are clean and even.

Frost with refrigerated cool whip, you can add food coloring for tint if needed.


Take 2 cups of cool whip and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Put in decorative piping bag and pipe a scallopped edge around cake.

Freeze for an additional 2 hours and cake is ready to EAT!!! YUMMERS!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

that looks so yummy. I'm gonna have to try it.

tammy said...

Thanks for that idea. That looks so yummy! And not what I needed to see right now on my diet!

leta said...

Looks great! A shortcut version is to use the Little Debbie/Hostess cakes -arrghh, senior moment - can't remember the name but they are the chocolate cake with the cream filling (not the Swiss Rolls). They fit perfectly in a loaf pan. Line it with plastic wrap, put 4 cakes in the bottom, layer with softened icecream, 4 cakes on top. Wrap plastic wrap to seal and freeze 2+ hours or until set. Remove from loaf pan and invert onto serving platter. "Frost" with cool whip and put back in the freezer for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Slice to serve. It's really good with mint icecream.

tiki_lady said...

Little Debbie! ::PUKE:: just kidding! we love her. But, this is a great recipe! You should make it up and put it on the blog.

Maybe, I will put it on the blog, but if you check the prepared posts, I have a lot in draft form. I just have to re make them and take a picture of it.