Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Thursday, August 6, 2009

Magic shell



When I was a kid I loved this stuff! My favorite is a double dipped vanilla soft serve icecream cone at DAIRY QUEEN! I order it to this day if my feet happen to find their way to a Dairy Queen parlor. The recipe with butter and using semi sweet chocolate chips remind me of my beloved DQ.



SORRY THE PICS aren't the greatest!
I researched many recipes and found different variances but have settled on highlighting this ladies blog, PLEASE GO HERE.

RECIPE
one cup coconut oil (if you do not have coconut oil, refer to recipe at bottom)
one to two cups semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
Melt coconut oil over low heat in a sauce pan. Melt chocolate chips gradually in pan, stirring or whisking in a little at a time. Consistency should be very runny.

Store in a canning jar or a plastic container at room temperature. If stored in fridge, please re heat slowly.


Containers, WE use the melting chocolate candy containers from wilton or a washed out ketchup bottle works great too!

Just save a previous magic shell bottle and make your own refills! It is sooo much cheaper and better too.


You can change the look of magic shell by melting white chocolate. However the food coloring will resist bonding to the chocolate because food coloring is water based. However, if you use the wilton colored chocolate this would work.


Also the fat content can change your magic shell, as to using butter or coconut oil. The use of milk chocolate chips or semi chocolate chips will vary the flavor.

ADD INS to spice it up:: Drops to taste of mint, almond, lemon oil, lime oil or even orange.

>RECIPE, with butter

6 oz. bag of chocolate chips

1/2 stick butter

1/4 cup vegetable oil

Melt chocolate chips and butter in pan or microwave.

Once melted add oil. Mix well and spoon over ice cream

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Yummy!! I can't wait to give this a try...I love dipped cones as well!

tammy said...

Thanks for this recipe. I had been looking for Magic Shell and haven't been able to find it.

BTW - I used to work at DQ making those dipped cones and Dilly Bars. One of my fave jobs ever.

Unknown said...

That looks wonderful!!!!

Sue said...

Hi! my good friend...I didn't get an email inviting me to your blog. I have been waiting. It just dawned on me to go here! I would love to keep following you. Your one of my fav. blogging friends.

btw luv all the recipes..yummy just like you♥

My email is susanheugly@hotmail.com

I'm going to Canada for a week. So I'll be getting to you as soon as I can.

Sue said...

Hi! my good friend...I didn't get an email inviting me to your blog. I have been waiting. It just dawned on me to go here! I would love to keep following you. Your one of my fav. blogging friends.

btw luv all the recipes..yummy just like you♥

My email is susanheugly@hotmail.com

I'm going to Canada for a week. So I'll be getting to you as soon as I can.

kc_froglady said...

a local place here uses to have Peanut Butter shell like this and I would love to figure out how to make that since they have closed up shop this year....oh thanks MG I need ice cream and magic shell now!

McPherson family said...

Can I just tell you that this is one of my favorite sites. I know I can always come here and get wonderful recipes that I will keep forever. You are the best!!! Thanks for all the yummy recipes.