Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Easy Noodle and Spinach Casserole

When I try out a new recipe, I have a few criteria that the recipe has to meet. Here they are:

- easy to follow
- not too much prep time
- ingredients that can be found in any store
- re-use ingredients for other recipes

And this recipe met all the criteria.

My son is the "King of picky eaters" and enjoyed this casserole, so if you have kids that are picky eaters- they will LOVE this casserole! Don't be intimidated if the casserole pictured above looks a lot - I always double the ingredients since I like to have lots of left overs and a teenage son that often invites his friends over for dinners.

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) pkg wide egg noodles
1-1/2 lb. ground beef

2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1-1/2 cups sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook noodles according to packaged directions; drain and set aside.

Cook beef and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.

Combine spinach and next 4 ingredients. Fold in noodles; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Cover with meat sauce, top with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Cooks Note: I didn't have grated Parmesan cheese to put on top of the casserole and used mozzarella cheese instead, it was still good. Recipe taken from mormonchic.com


Enjoy!

1 comment:

septembermom said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at these pictures! Thanks for the recipe. I'm adding it to my "must try for dinner" list. Thanks!!