Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yummy Crumb Cake



Every Sunday, I try to have something sweet ready for my family to eat after church. We're so famished, that usually what we're craving for is desserts- we have it before our main meal, AND after we eat our main meal. It's a Sunday tradition!

Last Sunday, I made Crumb Cake-my first time making it. I found a recipe, that seemed easy, but the measurements were wrong! After doing some tweaking with the measurements, came up with this recipe:

Ingredients:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes


2 cups flour
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 sticks cold butter, cut into chunks (1 cup)
2 packages (18 1/4 ounces each) white cake mix
2 eggs
2 c sour cream

1 stick butter, melted
2 tsp pure vanilla extract


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon in large bowl. Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.

2. Beat cake mix, egg, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or just until mixed.

3. Spread evenly in greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with topping mixture.

4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.

Cook's Note: When I sprinkled the crumb toppings on the cake, I firmly pressed the toppings with a spatula because when I eat a crumb cake- I don't like it when the toppings start to crumble when you're eating it.

However, when you don't press the toppings, it looks better, like the picture above. And when you press the toppings, it looks like the cake I made below-whichever way you make it, the results are the same- it will still end up being a very delicious crumb cake!


H.K.

No comments: