Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Friday, March 11, 2011

Linda T's Butterscotch Pecan Dessert

I went to a church event and this little beauty was beckoning my name. Normally, I am not a fan of butterscotch at all, but I thought I would live dangerously and give it a try! I am so glad I did, because it is definitely blog worthy, aka my taste buds approved!
I believe the original recipe comes from Taste of Home and was submitted by Becky Harrison in Albion, Illinois! But, for my purposes I will always remember this as Linda T's recipe! You will notice in the pictures you will see red sprinkles.  They were added just because she had a wild hair!
Can I make you fall in love with a dessert that doesn't have chocolate??

Butterscotch Pecan Dessert

1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup chopped pecans divided
1 package (8oz) softened cream cheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
3-1/2 cups milk
2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 oz each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding!

Preheat oven to 350

Step I.
1. In a bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
3. Bake in pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

Step II.
1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
2. spread over crust.
3. Combine milk and pudding mix until smooth, in seperate bowl.
4. Pour over cream cheese layer.
5. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans.
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve!
Yield- 16-20 servings!
Give it a try! It will be so worth your time!

No comments: