Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Friday, March 11, 2011

How to Hard Boil a perfect Egg

The basics for this is pretty cut and dry. Here are the steps


  1. PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer.
  2. ADD cold water to cover eggs by covering 1 inch.
  3. HEAT over high heat just to boiling point. I always add salt to my water. (At this point if I want to rush the process, I will cook my eggs and check whether the egg is done by removing an egg from the boiling water with a slotted spoon. Your egg is done depending on how quickly the water evaporates off of the egg! It works every time!! If your water evaporates to a dry egg in 10-15 seconds, you have a soft boiled egg!
  4. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.
  5. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
  6. DRAIN immediately then peel and serve warm. OR,
  7. Cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.
At this point you can make egg sandwhiches, egg salad and devils eggs.

    No comments: