At this point you can make egg sandwhiches, egg salad and devils eggs.
- PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer.
- ADD cold water to cover eggs by covering 1 inch.
- HEAT over high heat just to boiling point. I always add salt to my water. (At this point if I want to rush the process, I will cook my eggs and check whether the egg is done by removing an egg from the boiling water with a slotted spoon. Your egg is done depending on how quickly the water evaporates off of the egg! It works every time!! If your water evaporates to a dry egg in 10-15 seconds, you have a soft boiled egg!
- REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.
- LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
- DRAIN immediately then peel and serve warm. OR,
- Cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.