Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, March 28, 2011

Whoopie Pies made from a boxed cake mix!

Photobucket
Photobucket
GOOD heavens these babies are amazing! And what makes them extra special is they are from a cake mix! I am really enjoying taking short cuts! I took the recipe straight from Group Recipes. I will definitely be making pumpkin flavored pies and red velvet pies.

It takes 10 minutes to create this loveliness and serves approximately 16 people. My second favorite about this recipe is you can choose any flavor cake mix your heart desires : red velvet, pumpkin, strawberry, lemon etc! OOHh, the options are endless.  I am going to be making a sugardoodle cake! It would be heaven to make sugardoodle pies! YUM YUM YUM!

Remember I took this recipe straight from Group Recipes and did no adapting. Just copied it and created it and it is true to its directions. ***The only thing I did differently was I only used 1TBL spoon mound of batter for my pie rounds. They were a bit large.  The next time I create this I will try 1/2 a table spoon and see if that will lend to the perfect size finger food that I am looking for!***
This was 1TBLsp. prior to baking. I would have liked my pies to be this diameter as a finished product.
Photobucket
 PIES
  • 1 boxed cake mix (I've made this with different cake mixes...chocolate, lemon, spice, Strawberry and my favorite, Red Velvet)
  • 3eggs
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oil
 Filling

How to make it

  • Preheat oven to 400
  • Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
  • In mixing bowl beat all ingredients on medium low speed until well combined
  • Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, 2 inches apart
  • Bake 8-10 minutes, until puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
  • Cool on rack until completely cool
  • In mixing bowl, add butter, marshmallow, powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt
  • Beat until smooth
  • Put 1/2 of pies, flat side up, on a cool baking sheet
  • Mound about 1 1/2 tbls. filling in the center of each
  • Top with remaining pies, rounded side up, and press gently so filling spreads Keep chilled until ready to serve
    Photobucket

No comments: