Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, March 14, 2011

Italian Baked Pork Chops



YUM YUM IN MY TUMMY TUM TUM! We haven't had pork chops in a very long time! I think swine is definitely the under appreciated other white meat! I mean... I'm just saying!

My trick to ensuring that pork chops are always tender and moist is to boil them completely covered in water in a skillet. I will cook them almost completely done where there is showing just the slightest shade of blush or pale pink! (Think Steele Magnolias, if you are too young to know that movie. I can't only say, Sorry)

I then remove the skillet from the stove and drain the water and take rinse the pork chops. The following recipe is for 8 servings.

2 TBL. spoons dijon mustard
2 TBL spoons olive oil
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup Italian Bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Please add more oil or mustard to form a crust like consistency when applying to chops! This recipe was created on whim and I added things as I went. When you get into it, you will be able to see and adjust to what looks right to you.

Preheat oven to 400 degress and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk all ingredients together. Apply to both sides of the pork chops and place on parchment paper.
Bake 10 minutes or until just cooked through. It will form a slight crust texture. If you wish you could flip the pork chops over and cook again until just crusted or at this point, they are ready to be removed from oven. Let rest 5 minutes.

I served this with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes!

No comments: