Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Monday, March 14, 2011

Fruit Pizza

I just love fruit and fresh fruit is always a tell tale sign to me that spring and good things are just around the corner! I keep thinking if I load my fridge with fresh veggies and fruits that it will bring out the warm weather! So far, it hasn't worked.

Nothing like a refreshing dessert. Fruit pizza has a sweet tender dough. A sugar cookie dough, topped with a smoothe cream cheese tart frosting and the brightness of any fruit you so desire to top. You can bake this on a pizza round or in a 9x13 pan. I also prefer to have my dough a bit on the thicker side, 'cuz you know; that's how I roll but please feel free to make it anyway your little heart desires.


This dessert was made for our March Birthday celebration and it is always a crowd pleaser. Ann Trujillo made this dessert! Gotta love it!

The recipe is from Allrecipes. And also adapted from two peas and their pod

FRUIT PIZZA

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Frosting:
1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
2 T sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon

Fruit:Strawberries
Blueberries
Peaches
Kiwi

CRUST

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray or a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth.
3. Mix in egg, vanilla, and lemon zest.
4. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt;
5. Stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
6. Press dough into pizza pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
8. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
9. Spread on the cooled pizza crust.
10. Arrange fruit on top of the pizza. Chill until serving time.

No comments: