Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Saturday, April 23, 2011

How to make Hawaiian Haystacks

Photobucket
Hawaiian Haystacks! It seems like if you stick a pineapple on it, it's called Hawaiian. LOL, but this is such a wonderful dish. I know my sister in law made it for us many many years ago. Then I haven't had them since. It's been 10 long years since these have graced my palette. Some friends had us over for dinner and this is what she served. I have craved them ever since that night! What was I thinking never to make them. I finally did it and I'm so glad I did! The basic ingredients is chicken, cream of chicken, rice and any topping you wanted to put on it!

Hawaiian Haystacks


Sauce: 2 cans cream of chicken soup 2 cups chopped cooked chicken 1 cup chicken broth Mix and heat. Toppings (in order): Rice chow mein noodles chopped tomatoes chopped celery chopped green,red,and yellow peppers, cheese, pineapple, mandarin oranges, olives, almonds, coconut,etc.

Mix the cream of chicken soup with the chicken broth on medium heat. Add cooked chicken (shredded or chopped).
Photobucket
Place a scoop of rice into each bowl. Spoon one to two ladles full of sauce over the top of each scoop.
Photobucket

Set out toppings in small bowls on the table. Add cheese first, so it will melt, then other toppings, to individual taste. Although it may seem strange to combine pineapple and coconut with savory flavors.
Photobucket

No comments: