Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Saturday, May 3, 2008

To Die for Blueberry Muffins


Ingredients:
11/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup blueberries



Topping:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
11/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon





Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liner

2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffing cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

3. To make crumb topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven, or until done.

Substitutions: Leah Beth likes chocolate chip muffins better than blueberry so instead of blueberry I add 1 cup choc. chips. and for the topping I take out the cinnamon and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate.

No comments: