Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Friday, November 7, 2008

SPAGHETTI SQUASH


Medium sized spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds discarded
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
3 shallots, sliced thin
3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley


Start with a beautiful spaghetti squash



Clean out seeds and discard




Line baking sheet with foil

salt and pepper squash and coat with olive oil
brush cut side and inside of squash with TBL spoon of oil and liberally salt and pepper.


Place on baking sheet cut side up

Roast for one hour or until squash is soft and brown. Allow to cool.

Draw a fork through the squash to form long spaghetti like strands. Add to frying pan and toss. Before serving add grated cheese and parsley.


While squash is cooling in a frying pan add 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced, 3 shallots thinly sliced and pepper flakes to pan. Cook until shallots are tender.
I had tomatoes that needed to be used so I roughly peeled them and coarsley chopped. I added to the garlic mixture and then added the squash! Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic and herb seasoning. Add squash last.

MMMmmmmmm... good. Everyone liked this! I knew they would.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

So, does this really taste like spaghetti? I'd like to try it, but I'm so scared no one will eat it!