Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Friday, September 4, 2009

Cherry Coffee Cake



This was good but not great, in my opinion. Instead of resembling a coffee cake mine was more like a cobbler. But, that could be because we did not give it any time to rest or cool before we cut into it! Items rarely have a chance to cool in my house.

Ingredients:

1- 18 oz. yellow cake mix, divided
2/3 cup water
2 eggs
1 can (21 oz.) Cherry pie filling
1/3 cup butter (4 Tbl)
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 TBLsp. Water

Stir together 1 1/2 cup cake mis, water and eggs.
spoon into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
Top with pie filling
Cut butter into remaining dry batter, until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle over pie filling.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool.
while cake is cooling, combine 1 cup confectioners sugar and 1TBLsp water,
drizzle over cake. Serves 12

1 comment:

tammy said...

Thanks for posting this MG! I had this once before and loved it, but had kind of forgotten about it.