Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Antipasta Salad


I moved from Hawaii when I was almost 3 years old and the only salad that I knew of until I left the house for college was this salad right here. My dad is Italian and our town predominantly is Italian as well, so much that every year they have an Italian festival filled with live bands, amazing food, and pastries.
My children aren't really big fans of this salad but I definitely am. I believe that your children take on the tastes of the "Man of the house". It was the case with my mother and her cooking and it is now the case with me and my cooking.

Antipasta Salad
8 oz. genoa salami slivered bite sizes pieces
8 oz. of a hard salami
8 oz. of pepperoni bite size
8 oz. of sharp provolone cheese slivered into bite sizes
8 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese bite size
1 small jar of peppercini with 3 tablespoons of juice
2 large tomatoes sliced
1 can of black olives sliced
1 14.oz can of artichokes drained and sliced in bite size
1/4 cup green olives
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 head of iceberg lettuce
6 ablespoons red wine vinegar
2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper to taste
Any one of these items may be omitted if you do not like.
Mix and toss into large bowl, chill and serve!

No comments: