Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prime Rib and au jus

Prime rib is a delicacy for our family. In fact, we only get it if we eat out and order it or if we are visiting my family back in New York. I told you, they eat quite well there. Anyway, it is tradition for the Eaton household to have Prime rib New Years Day and maybe another time near the summer or perhaps its around Mother's Day. Ever since my sister married her husband, Dan he has been in charge over the prime rib. So, its been for about 12 years or so. He is a good cook and is known to search out recipes. He enjoys flavorful good food.
PRIME RIB
I would choose the appropriate size for the amount of people you are serving. This was a boneless prime rib.
If I were to serve for my family. I would purchase a 3lb. boneless prime rib
- favorite steak and grill seasoning
- olive oil
-5 cloves of minced garlic
Allow your roast to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
In a bowl mix your seasonings until well combined to make a rub for your meat.
You want to place your rib into roasting pan FAT side up (it is easier if you have a meat thermometer but it is not necessary) If you have a thermometer place in middle of prime rib. Bake at 500 for about 16 minutes
and then reduce your heat down to 325 for approximately 35 minutes or so. It says you will want your thermometer to read 120, but allow your thermometer to reach 130 if you like it less red which will lend it to medium rare
Remove from oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes prior to slicing. Mmmmmmmmm


save the juices to make au jus

Au Jus
gather remaining juices from prime rib pan
add 1 thinly sliced shallot
cook for 15 minutes to blend flavors and adjust to taste by adding garlic, olive oil, salt etc.

No comments: