Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Egg in the hole

I can not believe that I have not put this in my recipe blog! My children make these often and request it as well.! I first came to know these delights when I was a young child and my cousin Gina went to spend the week with her other grandmother. When she came back to visit our Grandmother she lamented about how her Grandmother M only made egg in the hole for her. Gma and I both did not know what these were and asked her to make them for us! I remember laughing vividly at how she was tortured to eat these but also remember dying to get home to make it myself. I have been hooked ever since and probably could eat them on a daily basis.
Egg in the hole
2 slices of bread
butter
2 eggs

1.  Take your slice of bread and butter it

2. Take a biscuit cutter or a cookie cutter in any shape and stamp out the middle of the bread, save that peice of bread for dipping
3. Heat your skillet or pan to medium heat and place your slice of bread butter side down on skillet
4. break your egg into the center of your slice of bread, allow to slightly cook, sprinkle salt and pepper on egg

5. When egg on the bottom of bread is firm, you can flip. (usually after a minute or so)
6. Deciding when to take your egg out of the skillet depends on how well or undercooked you want your middle. I like mine runny but not too runny! So, slightly firm.
7. When you flip your egg is when I add the extra peice of bread and toast that lightly.
8. Pull both the egg in the hole and the piece out and repeat for however many egg in the holes you need to make.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Wow!!! Looks as good as 'eggs and soldiers', and much less fiddly! Loved it! xxx