Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fried Plantains

About 9 years ago the Mr. and I took a trip to San Juan Puerto Rico and had an amazing delicacy of food! One of my favorites was they would serve plantains in every form and fashion and in the most delicious way.
I'm going to share the easiest and quickest way. They are good and flavorful and can be sprinkled with salt, confectioners sugar or honey. (I do not recommend all three at the same time)
They are wonderfully crisp on the outside and tender and creamy on the inside! I sliced mine on the thin side so that they would be more like chips! You may also choose to use ripe yellow and brown plantains but I chose green to have more of a dried banana chip.

Fried Plantains
Place approximately 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot pan and bring it to medium-high heat, add 2-3 peeled and sliced plantains in a single layer. Allow them to soak in salted ice water in a bowl.


Allow to cook leaving for a minute or two, or until a golden crust forms on the plantain.

Flip over and fry for 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place on plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.

No comments: