Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pecan Sandies

Pecan Sandies have been my children's favorite cookie because of my grandmother! She had always had them for Warrior when he was young and would go to her house to dunk cookies. She only started keeping on hand chocolate chip cookies when Warrior was five years old.

This cookie recipe I happened along by chance. I was making the Girl Scout cookie knock offs and had tasted the dough and knew with just a roll in sugar and an addition of chopped pecans we would have a keeper! So, I am adapting the Girl Scout Cookie Tagalongs recipe to make this dream of a cookie. Warrior and Mr. Incredible absolutely love these! They are nice and buttery also.
Ingredients
1 cup butter, soft
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk

Pecans chopped finely

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt at a low speed, followed by the vanilla and milk. The dough should come together into a soft ball.

Add in pecans to your liking. I did not measure this. I just eye balled it to what our preference was. Sprinkle sugar onto dough and press out with a biscuit cutter. You can place cookies closer together as these will have minimum spread unlike the chocolate chip cookies.
Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes, until bottoms and the edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet and then move to wire rack. Enjoy with a tall class of cold milk. These will rally Keebler.

No comments: