Solomon Recipes

I started this blog so I could pass along family recipes to my children. Most of these recipes are Eaton recipes.







But, no need to share the last name Solomon. The majority of the recipes are made by me, Mother Goose, my Sister in law, Gretchen and two friends Leta and HK. If you would like to be a contributor, just holla!



























PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN

You can contact me at 1flyinhawaiian@twc.com


Please check my family blog out with a clickety click.



Shhh... if you know us please get to know our blog names! Thanks, Mother Goose!



Saturday, April 23, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cookies

PhotobucketEver since A fell in love with my recent recipe of snickerdoodle bundt cake I knew I had to let him experience the love of the Snickerdoodle cookie. In our ward in NC, the Fort Mill ward, a family named the Jensen's shared this great recipe. It was perfect. It was slightly crunchy on the outside and ever so delicate and buttery and soft and even a bit chewey on the inside. I have no idea why I don't make these more often. They are magnificent. They are delicious the Mr. as well as A absolutely love these.
This is definitely my go to recipe for snickerdoodles!
YIELDS: 2 dozen cookies  Preheat: 400 degrees  Time: 8-10 minutes.
SNICKERDOODLES

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Topping: combine in seperate bowl
2 TBL spoons sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon
Photobucket
Mix together butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs. Blend in dry ingredients.
Shape dough into balls and roll in topping mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min. I will also dip each baked cookie once they come out of the oven in the sugar mixture again.
Photobucket

No comments: